Edelkoort Smethurst CPAs LLP is a full-service public accounting firm in Burlington. We are a fast- growing firm seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team during tax season, our busiest few months of the year. We are looking for someone who is driven and is eager to learn and grow.
To be successful in the role, candidates must display a commitment to client service, a high level of personal ethics and applied knowledge in office settings. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Office Administrator to ensure operations run smoothly. The work and environment during your time here will be quite fast paced. Tasks will vary and include both individual and teamwork.
About the role:
- Based in Burlington
- Hourly Rate of $17 – $19
- Reports to Office Administrator
- Experience 2 years or less
- Training provided
- Co-op student pursuing a certificate or diploma in Business Administration or similar
- Driven to complete tasks as efficiently and accurately as possible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, Xero, Jazzit, Profile considered an asset
- Personally accountable and results driven
- Ability to manage client deliverables, and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
- Scan client paper tax documents and saved to file directory
- Carry forward client tax file to create new tax year file, review client details for any change in address, etc.
- Import client data from CRA online account
- Prepare working papers for donations and medical expenses in excel. Training provided to understand deductibility of medical expenses and donations
- Print and compile tax returns for clients
- Exposure to administration with Canadian Personal Tax Returns (T1) and US Personal Tax Returns (1040/1040NR)
- Alphabetically file hard copy documents
We thank all applicants for their interest however, we will only contact those whose qualifications closely match the requirements for this position. Edelkoort Smethurst CPAs LLP is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates applicants with disabilities in its recruitment. If you are contacted about a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation through the process.
Expected start date: Immediate
If you’re interested in this career opportunity at Edelkoort Smethurst CPAs LLP, please reach out to us directly via email with your resume and some information about your career interests or by contacting us by using the online form below. Please remember to reference the position you are applying to.