Edelkoort Smethurst Schein CPAs LLP is a full-service public accounting firm in Burlington.
We are a fast-growing firm seeking a bookkeeper to join our team and succeed with us. We are looking for someone who is career-minded with a desire to learn and grow with our firm.
To be successful in the role, candidates must display a commitment to client service, a high level of personal ethics, and applied knowledge in accounting. The role’s main responsibilities will be the maintenance of client bookkeeping files on a weekly and monthly basis. Annual bookkeeping tasks will also be assigned throughout the year; these are the clients who drop off 12 months of records at once. Other responsibilities could include assistance around tax time with preparing client packages and assisting with office administration when needed.
About the role:
- Based in Burlington, occasional travel may be required
- Salary starting at $47,500 / year
- Health and dental benefits
- Experience 2-5 years
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks/QuickBooks Online is required. Familiarity of Xero, Wave Accounting is considered an asset
- CPB or equivalent designation is required. Consideration will be given to applicants in pursuit of designation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel) is considered an asset
- Personally accountable and results-driven
- Ability to manage client deliverables, and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
- Able to work from home 1-2 days a week
- Updating the banking feed-in QBO weekly and assigning deposits and payments to the correct accounts
- Monthly bank and credit card reconciliation
- Correspond with the client regarding any issues
- Preparation of HST tax return
- Correspond with the Canada Revenue Agency with regards to clients’ tax obligations
We believe that success in business requires a healthy balance of professional and personal commitments. In addition to your salary, we offer paid personal days, health and dental benefits, firm social events, summer hours in July and August, and professional development assistance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact those whose qualifications closely match the requirements for this position. Edelkoort Smethurst Schein CPAs LLP is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates applicants with disabilities in its recruitment. If you are contacted about a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation through the process.
Expected start date: September 2021
If you’re interested in this career opportunity at Edelkoort Smethurst Schein CPAs LLP, please reach out to us directly via email with your resume and some information about your career interests or by contacting us by using the online form below. Please remember to reference the position you are applying to.