Edelkoort | Smethurst | Schein CPA LLP is a full service public accounting firm in Burlington.
We are a fast-growing firm seeking a staff accountant to join our team and succeed with us. We are looking for someone who is career minded with a desire to learn and grow in the field of public practice.
To be successful in the role, candidates must display a commitment to client service, a high level of personal ethics and applied knowledge in public accounting and taxation.
The staff accountant will mainly be responsible for reporting to the US Tax partner and will be responsible for file preparation on US individual and non-resident US corporate tax filings. Other responsibilities include notice to reader engagement for Canadian corporations as well as Canadian personal tax filings for dual reporting clients.
About the role:
- Based in Burlington, occasional travel may be required
- Annual salary range $50,000 – $60,000 or commensurate with experience
- Bonus and health benefits
- Work from home hybrid role
- Graduate of a post-secondary accounting or business program
- 3 or more years of experience in tax
- CPA designation preferred but not required
- US Tax experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel)
- Experience with Prosystem FX or equivalent US tax software considered an asset
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, Caseware working papers, Jazzit considered an asset
- Personally accountable and results driven
- Ability to manage client deliverables, and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
- Ability to work from home
- Prepare working paper files using caseware for financial statement engagements
- Prepare personal US income tax filings (1040/1040NR) using ProSystems Fx
- Prepare corporate US income tax filings (1120/1120F) using ProSystems Fx
- Correspond with clients regarding ongoing files
- Correspond with the IRS with regards to clients’ tax obligations
We believe that success in business requires a healthy balance of professional and personal commitments. In addition to your salary, we offer paid personal days, health and dental benefits, firm social events and professional development assistance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we will only contact those whose qualifications closely match the requirements for this position. Edelkoort | Smethurst | Schein is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates applicants with disabilities in its recruitment. If you are contacted about a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation through the process.